Thursday, March 15, 2018

Processing

Today, my mission was mainly sound. I was able to use a converter website in order to get the music from the video to an MP3 file, and then downloaded to the desktop. This wasn’t too hard to do, the hardest thing was finding a free website that I could use. Once I accomplished that, all I had to do was copy and paste the YouTube link, then hit “download”. After that, the file was converted to the MP3 file and downloaded to the desktop, where I could then drag it into iMovie and insert it into the project.

Once I had it inserted, I had to shorten the song so that it fit the length of the clip only. So, I just cropped the song, which was pretty simple. But, this resulted in a really rough and abrupt ending to the song, which was off putting. I knew that I had to fade the clip out, but I really didn’t know how. Therefore, I had to go online and find a video on how to fade out. To watch, click here. The consequence of doing that was the music flowed better, and made the sound overall more pleasing.

On a different note not relating to sound, scary fonts are hard to find. The generic fonts that come on computers are... generic. So, I used the website Urban Fonts to find an appropriate horror film font, and I had to download it to the desktop. I thought it was going to be easy, but I had to legitimately download the font 3 times before it saved to the computer, and was available for use. But, it was worth the process because the mood completely changed.  The picture to the left shows the font in the small screen in the right corner.



Source Links:
https://macmost.com/fade-out-background-music-in-imovie.html

No comments:

Post a Comment

Rub-A-Dub Final Video